Elegant Tarweed & repost with 2 different crops

Description: Field of tarweed

Specific Feedback Requested: is it too yellow? Did I go too far with the swirls? Anything else? Should I just toss it?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D3400, 300mm, f/25, 1/6, ISO 100, slight adjustments with yellow, cropped as 8x11

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I like this one better than the other one! I can tell what it is, but it is also blurred enough for me to know it was intentional. The two to 3 repeating sticks break the image up on the left and middle, It would be interesting to crop away the left half and just keep the right to see what that looks like.

1 Like

Thanks @David_Wallace for looking! I thought this one was so bad that no one wanted to even say anything! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: It’s been posted for almost a week! So I did 2 different crops, what do you think?..

Sorry, I’m on my phone so it isn’t perfect, but I was thinking something like this.

Haha! Me too! Oh yeah @David_Wallace that’s what I did with the 2nd crop but just rotated it! Thanks, I do like it vertical better!

The cropped version works very well! The yellow color is just perfect.

1 Like

Thanks @Ola_Jovall ! I’m glad you like it!