Endlessness below

I like the re-orientating feeling of looking down at a clear vibrant reflection of the sky in still water where for a moment I feel like I am floating above the sky instead of planted on the earth below it.

Second shot of full scene for reference

Specific Feedback Requested

I appreciate any comments, suggestions and reworks.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Cropped, did a tiny bit of cloning cleanup, adjusted exposure, contrast and luminosity denoise.

1 Like

Very beautiful and peaceful image! I really like the full photo just as much as the focus on the water. They each have their own appeal.

Beautiful reflection. While both are good, I am favoring the first one. It is more abstract and inviting to me.

1 Like

I will echo @Harley_Goldman 's comments. Nice shot.

Ben I like the first. Nice catch.

1 Like

Thank you @Vanessa_Hill @Michael_Lowe @Harley_Goldman for your comments. Yes, the first one helps me remember the feeling I had seeing the sky open below instead of above and forgetting for a moment it was a reflection.

Very fine, with an evocative title.

1 Like

The first leaves more to the imagination while the second records what is there. #1 for me as well

Thank you @Mario_Cornacchione @Bonnie_Lampley @Igor_Doncov I always appreciate that you take the time to look at my photos and share your impressions.

Nice and simple.
I like this.

1 Like

The first image is an artistic interpretation of the the scene, and engages the viewer on a more meaningful level. It forces the viewer to think about what they are looking at. The reference image is documentary, and more of a cliche type shot. I’m glad that you took the extra time to work the scene and have the vision to extract the more intimate view out of what otherwise would have been more of a cliche mirror image reflection shot. The first image is really about light and color, and there is enough of it to grab the viewers attention. Well done :+1: :+1:

1 Like