Essence of an Iris

One of the iris from my garden . Due to our short growing season, the garden is taking a lot of time right now. Redoing whole sections of it. Covid frustration is surely helped by wielding a rototiller !
D850 with lens baby, multiple exposures on light table, then combined in PS.

4 Likes

Kathy, there’s a great sense of a fine dancer in this view. The high-key approach does a great job of letting the folds in the petals have a strong roll and shows off the lip and center very well.

1 Like

Kathy: Superb high key image. You’re really doing some fine work on your light table. Most excellent. >=))>

1 Like

Such a beauty, Kathy. I love the high key treatment of the blossom. I’m wondering about the stem-- since it is so dark and relatively solid I feel it draws the eye away from the light delicacy and details of the blossom itself. I’m not sure what the solution is, since if you just show the blossom alone, it looks like it is floating in space. Sorry I don’t have a suggestion for you. Perhaps desaturating the stem a little would help.

Kathy
The stem bothered me off and on as well. Eliminated it in one version and that did not work. It could be that in an image utilizing a lens baby , the stems are a problem generally. I am considering bringing in a stem from another image of this iris.

I love the white blossom that just melts into the white background, Kathy. I agree that the stem is an issue in this image. I think it would work better were it in focus but made bright enough to become almost transparent (maybe even reduce the opacity).

A great work for a great image that makes me dream. I love the photo Kathy.

Pure elegance. I agree with Bill that your recent light table images are excellent. Keep them coming!