Essence

Essence of life emerging from Mount Taranaki, New Zealand. Single frame shot on Nikon d850 with sigma 14-24: 2 sec exposure at 14mm, ISO64.

8 Likes

Welcome to NPN Shannon. Lovely photo of a gorgeous place. I like how the water stream flows right to the light in the background. Pulls my eyes all the way through the image. Wonderful image, look forward to more of your work in the future.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your warm welcome and kind words Linda. I’m looking forward to spending some more time on here. Many wonderful photographers and wonderful articles to read

1 Like

Welcome to NPN, Shannan!

A compelling composition for me, drawing my attention immediately from the strong foreground element into the depth of the image. The lush greens add a lot in my opinion and I enjoy the dynamics of the flow. Thanks for sharing!

Peter

1 Like

Great image! The composition and technical qualities are first rate. I agree with the others that many, well-shaped elements exist that pull the viewer’s eye straight through the image. Using an ultra-wide angle lens in the middle of the stream was the perfect choice. Nice work!

1 Like

Peter. Thank you so much for the insightful comments and sharing your thoughts. Means alot reading those words

Marc thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and for the kind words. Feeling very welcomed into this npn community

I really like the color and contrast of this peaceful scene. Nice work!

1 Like

Thank you so much Richard. Appreciate the feedback. Thanks again

1 Like

Very nice and welcome to NPN

1 Like

Thank you so much David. Really appreciate it

Really beautiful and impressive compsition. The visual flow here is wonderful. Great work Shannan!

1 Like