Evening

After admiring the work of Vanessa Hill and others, I took the time to play around on a grassy knoll while the autumn sun was setting. It was fun moving the camera this way and that with the sun cutting across the top of waving grass. Stepping out of familiar boundaries freshens the eye and breaks habitats that often need to be broken lest they go past their sell-by-date.

Thanks to all of you for opening new doors as well as pointing to paths once taken.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
None

2 Likes

Not sure how I missed this, Paul. Sorry. I like it, but have some issues. First - and you probably couldn’t really see it - the green spot in the upper quadrant. It’s quite apparent and just draws the eye. Second is the yellow bit in the far URC - it does the same thing, but its the same color orange/yellow as in the rest of the shot so it isn’t as much of a bother. If you want me to have a go fixing them I can. Probably a little clone stamping would do it for the green one…ugh, I wish I could describe it in some other way for you. And possibly just reducing brightness in the corner would work there.

@_Kris Thank you for the comments. I saw those two parts of the image and considered cropping.

They are lens flares. This is an older image, and I’m not sure which lens I was using at the time. It was back when I thought lens flare was a cool artifact to include. Times change.

Thanks for offering a fix. Let me give it a try to see what can be done.

Gorgeous, @paul_g_wiegman ! The soft and blowy-moving effect is really really nice. Yes, that green spot is a bit distracting from the rest of the yellow flowing pattern, but overall I really like this.

Hi Paul, I really like this, personally. It has a very peaceful and cheerful feel to it. Hope you don’t mind, I did just a crop and just took out the green circle in the upper left that I think you all are talking about. What do you think of this?..

2 Likes

Thank you, @Mark_Muller @_Kris @Vanessa_Hill I appreciate the comments. As you all noticed, I’m immune to green blobs.

@Vanessa_Hill I very much like what you did with the image. I just made a new version of that image using the crop and saved it as one of the alternatives on the photo.

I guess I like the cropped version a little more, but overall I like the fact that this looks photographic, but also that it’s not just a photograph, at least not an ordinary one. The thing that comes through for me is the color wash. A series of similar images each with a different color wash would make s striking exhibit.