Eye Contact

How can you top a sighting of a Leopard cub just 2 meters away from your camera ? This is what we had the privilege to enjoy for over 2 hours in amazing golden light. This was captured in Kruger National Park last month . . . my 1st safari since November 2019 but things are looking good for next year.

Technical Details

Composite: No
Canon EOS 1Dx
EF200-400mm f4.0L IS

1/1250sec @ f5.6 • 200mm • ISO 500

Processed in LR and Photoshop

2 Likes

Does not get any better than this one, Mario. A gorgeous image of this big cat in perfect lighting too. The hide and seek posture adds to the scene as the stealth trait of most all cats…Excellent… :sunglasses:

Yes, the world sadly was pinned down hard for 2+ years and hopefully we can all get back to more of a normalcy… :+1:

I love this shot Mario, rich warm colours and the intense stare in the eyes.
Have you softened the log in the foreground?

Welcome back Mario. This is excellent. Those intense eyes are just killer. Well done.

Great shot! Yes, let’s hope we’ll be able to get into the Bush coming year…

Hi Ryan … thanks for stopping by. No, I didn’t sufren the rock that does actually look like a log. I guess the short distance to the subject caused the OOF

Fingers crossed … we all need it and the safari industry and countries depending on it really need it

Thank you David. Really good to be back with some fresh content. This platform is really looking nice now