Eye in the sky (rework)

REWORK

ORIGINAL POSTING

Last week during a walk in the rain I noticed that bubbles where formed in puddles on the path. I then captured this image withn my travel camera.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!
I think this image has some potential, any ideas how to improve the image are appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/14, 1/25, ISO 800, 42 mm (84 mm equiv.), Olympus PEN E-P7 camera, Olympus lens 14-42 mm pancake, handheld, JPEG

Hi Ola, a unique image with plenty to ponder. I like the placement of the bubble in the frame with the mostly negative space in front - gives me a greater sense of what you were viewing. The image has an abstract sense to it which I find intriguing. I am guessing your focal point was on the reflection in the bubble itself as I find myself continually searching for the sharpest area of the image. Good eye to see this and thanks for sharing with us.

Hi Ola. Certainly a different image. When i first looked at it I thought if it blinked you should immediately leave the area.
Like Allen I also like the placement in the frame. There is also a nice circular arrangement in the sand. I do find it tricky to figure out what the image is of. I know you mentioned a bubble but it is just awkward for me.

@Allen_Sparks and @David_Leroy thanks for your kind comments.

I have tried to increase the sharpness outside the bubble somewhat using Topaz Labs sharpen AI. I also increased the contrast somewhat. The rework is posted at the top.

When the rain drops hit the puddle, sometimers they created bubbles that lasted for one second or so. I am shooting the bubbles from straight above as you can see in the image-by-accident below. The curious thing with “my” bubble is that it must have hit some dirt in the puddle creating the orange boundary of the bubble.

1 Like

Hi Ola, I like the rework mainly because it is darker overall. I wouldn’t worry about the sharpness too much given the abstract nature of the image and the main point of interest is a reflection.

1 Like

What an interesting image, Ola. I thought I was looking at an eye! Like David said, I was looking for it to blink. Very creative. The sharpness you have where you have it works for me.

@Shirley_Freeman, thanks for your comments on my image.

I thought is what somewhat OK, but you never know how it will be received!

1 Like