Fall Is In The Air

Sony A77II, Watercolor Mode
Sony 70-400G-II @ 230mm
ISO 400, 1/125 @ f5.6
While taking a tour of our garden yesterday I spotted this leaf that had fallen on one of our hibiscus. I swear this is just as I found it. Decided to process this with some oil paint and canvas texture just for fun. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

I like it Bill. Seems it could also be called “after the storm.” I figured it landed there after Delta went through. I do like this process you’ve developed with the oil paint and canvas texture. Nicely done.

Gorgeous find! The colors and tonalities are lovely and the bit of yellow and silver in the fallen leaf matches the flower. The processing is lovely, retaining just enough detail. The BG is pleasingly dark and OOF. I’m distracted by the blue area on the right edge, though – not so much by the color as by the sharp edge of the leaf.

Wow, don’t think man could have improved on what nature provided here Bill. That is an interesting technique with the oil paint and canvas texture- its very pleasing and you have to look close to see it. Gotta say the blue does draw my eyes away a bit, but the star of the show keeps your attention.

Must see this in the larger format to appreciate the textures you chose to apply. Nicely done.

Beautiful image with vibrant colors. Love the texture and the oil painting. Love the juxtaposition of the dry leaf and the vibrant flowers.