Fall Reflections with lily pads

Here are two views of nearly the same area on a local Maryland pond taken in mid-Nov. 2019. The non-oak deciduous trees were mostly leafless, but there were some evergreens and some shrubs retaining some leaves and oaks with touches of color. The first view has more wind ruffling the water. (5D3, 24-105 @ 105, 1/6 s, f/16, iso 200, tripod)

More wind:

Less wind:

1 Like

Mark, I’m all in on the MORE wind… :cowboy_hat_face: These abstract reflections of late have been quite nice. I’d add the more wind image to that list too… :+1:

I’m with Paul, more wind indeed. Excellent image, Mark.

Both have a wonderful painterly feel to them, Mark. For some reason I am sided towards the “less wind,” but I’m thankful I don’t have to chose. Very nicely seen.

Really good one, Mark. Put me down for the more wind. But both look great.

Oooh, super! I love the more wind version. There’s enough detail that we can make out trees and bushes, but riffled enough to be surreal.

I’m in the more wind line, and drooling. But I find myself wanting the lily pads to show a little more. I’m wondering if a composite would work, with just the LR corner of the less wind image blended into the more wind. Maybe also include the trunk leaning in from the left – it seems a bit strong in the more wind version.