Fallen Feather (#1) & rework

Rework.,.

I saw this Red-tail Hawk feather in the grasses and decided to photograph it.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, 21mm, ISO 100, f/13, 1/4, twisted camera while releasing shutter

2 Likes

cool idea and subject for this kind of ICM. It seems to be floating to earth still. A tiny bit over exposed maybe? But that’s just me.

1 Like

Thanks @Kris_Smith for looking and your feedback. I had brought the exposure down a bit, but maybe not enough… the grasses around it were almost white, so not sure if that’s what you’re referring to or not…

Very nice.

I’m intrigued by the arching lines of color emanating from the bars of the feather. It’s decidedly a perfect subject for motion.

I agree with @Kris_Smith that the exposure could be decreased for richer color. At first, I was going to suggest more contrast, but no, the soft arching lines are better left alone.

1 Like

Hi @paul_g_wiegman thanks for looking and your feedback, I adjusted exposure and did a little more tweaking, I’m curious what you and @Kris_Smith might think of it now?!

:+1: :+1: :+1: :clap: Much better. The technique and twist are more manifest.

1 Like

I think you got it with the repost, Vanessa. FWIW, dialing back the exposure looks much better to my eye. The rotation of the camera has created some nice effects with the hawk feather. Way to think outside the box on this one.

1 Like

Yup, the second post works better than the first. So well seen.

1 Like

Thanks @paul_g_wiegman @Ed_Lowe & @Kris_Smith I’m glad it looks better with the rework. Thanks for the suggestions, I think a lot of times I’m not sure what to do in post! But I appreciate the feedback and guidance!

Your rework with reduced exposure looks great Vanessa.

1 Like

Thanks @Eva_McDermott , I appreciate you stopping by to look and your feedback! Glad you think it looks ok!