Fallen Leaf + Repost

I found this in a park, across the street where I live. Any comments are appreciated.

5D MKIV 24-105mm 1/160, f/11, 105mm, ISO 500

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

A very nice find, Don. I like that the center leaf is the lighter one, bringing attention more to it. The rain drops are a nice bonus. As I keep looking at this, I wonder if the other leaves around it that are showing, need brightening a bit more, and maybe darken the background that isn’t revealing any leaves, but are more like muted bright spots, that seem to take away from the subject. It might turn out that just darkening the out of focus background will be enough, but I am thinking those other leaves (seem sharp and have drops too), that they need to be somewhat brighter, but not as bright as the center leaf. Also, there is a dark piece of debris on the right side of the center leaf, that you might want to consider cloning, as I find my eye going to it. The details in the leaf and drops are really nice. I am guessing this is a single image and not stacked, since you didn’t mention stacking. Great job!

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for your comments. I took a closer look at my image and reworked it. It may not be what you suggested but I like the reworked version better.

Don

Funny, I was going to suggest what you did in the rework before seeing the repost. I really like it and the “new direction” it takes. The main subject really pops for me in the rework. Well done.

Well done, Don. I really like this. For the darker areas that I thought had some bright spots turned out to be other leaves, and once you brightened them up, they support the subject nicely. Great job.

I love the contrast on this and the update worked very well. I think the rain drops really add to this very much.

Don: Nice find and a fine capture. I like what you did with the rework. I edited your title to let folks know you’ve made some adjustments. It’s always a good idea so that we know to come back to the image and note the changes. >=))>

Don, the detailed look at the veins and the water drops look great. Your redo sure “pops” the main subject. The original post looks quite realistic for this kind of scene with a nice emphasis on the main leaf.

Thank you all for your comments. I really appreciate the suggestions I receive on my images as several have been improved.

Don