Fault line

This shows the twisted sediment layers of the San Andreas Fault where Hwy 14 cuts through it in Palmdale, CA… This is the cut bank for the highway. Not a real landscape shot - just interesting.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

Interesting for sure. A scroll crop removing the top white streak emphasizes the shape below which reminds me of some questing animal - a weasel maybe.

In my view, this is a landscape shot, it’s just an intimate landscape. Whats interesting about this is that without your description, I would have guessed this to be a cross-section of a tree, or the bark on a tree, and not that it was a rock formation. I can see the face of an animal in here too. So as an abstract it’s got thinking about what i am looking at. My only suggestion would be to burn the brightest areas in the lower right corner and along the bottom edge, in order to place more emphasis on the interesting “face” pattern in the center. But this is a pretty neat abstract, thank you for sharing it with us.

I hadn’t looked for an animal in the shot, however, following your observations, I can see a dolphin in the center with the head facing right and the dark spot forming the eye.