Favorite of 2019

Been a little absent lately: first it was work, now it’s a broken wrist, but I can pick my favorite with one hand!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Oh no, Marylynne! I hope your wrist is doing better. What happened? I hope it was not due to photography related activities!

This is a gorgeous vignette. I really like the colors and the snow really adds to the entire image. That guy on the trail is a bonus! :smiley:

Gorgeous, Marylynne. I love all the leading lines and the colors are awesome.

Very well composed and the colors are wonderful. I like this a lot. Where, if I my ask, is this?

Thanks everyone.

Jim: The location is Iceland. It’s Kerlingarfjall area.

A striking landscape with lots of great colors and textures! The lone hiker really provides a sense of scale. Very nice job with the exposure also (lots of detail and textures in the white snow). I can see why it’s a favorite of yours. Sure hope your wrist heals up quickly and properly so you can get back to it!

Marylynne, this is a gorgeous “grand intimate” landscape. The lone hiker is a nice touch, it really reinforces the massive scale of the landscape here. I love the colors of the landscape here, they work so well with the white snow. It’s been 8 years since I made my only trip to Iceland, this makes me consider a return trip. Very nicely done…

Very nice, Marylynne. The eye flow and the colors are great. The clear steps on the trail and the person are fine extra bonuses.

This is a fantastic image, and the inclusion of the tiny bridge and hiker just puts it over the top. It almost looks like it was taken from an airplane, but if not, a very tall mountain. Lovely colors and comp. The steam adds so much.

1 Like

Thanks! Kathy: it’s an adjacent ridge. You have to hike down to cross the river and climb the mountains on the other side. It was the highlight of my trip to Iceland.
ML