Fílveda River#3

This is , roughly, in the same position as the original Filveda River I post last june - Fílveda River
different camera and lens, different season

The processing is also very different

C/C Welcome

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810
Tamron 24-70

The diagonals work well for me in this composition. I must admit that I do prefer the summer green rendition but both work.

The diagonals are great and I love the small tree in the center with the triangle of foliage. The second version seems overcooked and very over saturated to me so I prefer the first with the softer range of colors. The left and right trees’ different greens are great - the vine and the moss. I want to get my kayak and go in there!

Definitely prefer the first. The iimage looks like a scene from Oregon.

I prefer the first image. It feels more natural and there is better separation in the green hues. The second image feels more harsh/ perhaps slightly too contrasty.

I find when I notice the reflection in the second image my eye flicks between the reflection and the central trees. Whereas, with the first image the foreground draws my eye in and there is a nice sense of the image leading my eye around the bend in the stream. It creates a pleasing sense of wondering what is around the bend.

I wonder whether the green tree coming in from the right in the first image is too dominant for being so close to the edge of the frame and it perhaps detracts slightly from that ‘what’s around the bend’ feeling which, for me, is what this image is about.

Great shot.

The first image is much stronger in every regard, light, composition, processing, exposure, color, etc. I think the biggest difference in composition is that the framing created by the trees feels much better balanced in the first image, and directs the viewers eye better. My only suggestion for the first image would be to very slightly burn the water along the bottom edge, to help move the viewers to the center and down the stream.