Florida Spring Break Tour / with Mike Ramy / February 25th thru April 1st 2019

landscape
wildlife
travel
Florida Spring Break Tour / with Mike Ramy / February 25th thru April 1st 2019

(Mike Ramy) #1

Florida Spring Break Tour
St Johns River / Ocala National Forest

This is a private all inclusive tour for individuals who are looking for a unique experience by boat in the pristine back waters of the Ocala National Forest that can be booked by the day or by the week, the Tour consist of only you or you and your guest.

5 week Tour for 2019
Monday February 25th to Monday April 1st
Book by the day, by the week or longer
Full Information and Availability Calendar - HERE

Click here for full details in PDF Format
(large file, may take a moment to download)

Printable PDF version includes:
Trip Overview
Trip Dates and Pricing
Itinerary
Accommodations
Location Maps

Trip Overview

This is an annual tour I have been conducting each spring since 2001 at this location. I have been exploring this area since the late 1960’s as my Grandfather lived in Ocala and first showed me the beauty and wonders that the Ocala National Forest has to offer to anyone that appreciates Nature, Wildlife and the excitement of the pristine Florida Wilderness. This is not a tour of a national or state park in a group taking standard pictures at standard locations that are available to anyone. This is an expedition into unspoiled wilderness environments only accessible by boat where not seeing another person all day long is common. The St. Johns River is the longest river in Florida at 310 miles (500 km) with an elevation drop of only 30 feet from the head waters in southern Florida to the mouth in Jacksonville. It is one of only a few rivers in the United States that flows from south to north. There are a number of tributaries and spring runs that feed the St. Johns as well as natural springs within the river itself. These spring runs and tributaries that flow out of the Ocala National Forest are the main focus of our activities with the St. Johns being our water highway to access them. We will be based in the central St. Johns River area in Georgetown, Florida about halfway between the only two highway bridges crossing the river in this area. To the north in Palatka, Florida is the Highway 17 crossing and to the south in Astor, Florida is the Highway 40 crossing, about 65 miles apart as the crow flies. The St. Johns borders the East side of the Ocala National Forest with Ocala, Florida and the Ocklawaha River above the Rodman Damn on the North and West side.
Mike Ramy
Give me a call with any questions at the number provided in this Information Link

Back
Forward