Flourishing near the Falls

My husband and I hiked to a waterfall last week but THIS is the image I actually like the best from that outing. I love that this gorgeous tree is growing on the hillside among all the other dead trees. I’ve done pretty minimal editing but did some color adjusting, a little dodging/burning and cloned out a couple of small distractions. Would love any cc anyone has to offer. Thanks!

@asliceofbrie2020

1 Like

I think this is super gorgeous, Brie. I have no nits at all. Thanks for sharing this beautiful image with us, very intimate and very personal.

Thank you! It definitely pays off to be observant on my walks. If I would’ve been hyper focused on getting to the falls then I wouldn’t have noticed this tree. So glad it caught my eye!

Wonderful light and beautiful colors in that tree.

1 Like

This is lovely. I could see a bit more space around the main tree, if you wanted to show it among the dead trees, but that’s a nit.

Was a pleasure to capture!

Thanks Bonnie. In hindsight I was wishing I had captured a little wider but was right at 100 on my 100-400mm. But, I don’t really regret anything about it. Just might have been nice to compare compositions.