"Following" someone

"Following" someone
(Sandy Richards-Brown) #1

I recently chose to “folllow” the people whose images I don’t ever want to miss. Maybe 15 or so.
I anticipated that I’d get a notice and link when they posted an image.
Instead, I get a notice with every POSTpost OR REPLY they make - in the first 2 days, it was like 150++ notifications.

Yes, you can “dismiss” , but how does one

1. get notifications ONLY when your followed people POST AN IMAGE
  2. get totally rid of the old notifications. , not just "dismiss " them so they don’t show as new.

thx

Sandy

0 Likes

(David Kingham) #2

I have been testing this and didn’t expect anyone to find it so quickly. Right now there are no settings for notifications, it’s all or nothing, but there are settings coming for this where you can get just notifications for new posts, etc. For now I have disabled this feature until these new features are implemented to avoid this confusion and I will announce when it is ready.

1 Like

(Sandy Richards-Brown) #3

Ok, great, thanks.
Would it be possible for you to let us know when things are being “tested” and not fully functional?
I spent almost an hour trying to figure out how to delete the “follows” so I didn’t have to bug you.
Sandy

1 Like

(Sandy Richards-Brown) #4

David, this doesn’t seem to be disabled yet. I’m still getting 50 notifications a day - overwhelming.
How do I delete the now-hundreds of notifications in the list of them? (Selectively, not all of them)
What I intended was to use this for flags I have made and received, and a quick link to a post of a person I follow.
Instead, it’s notifying me of every post any of these people make x 20 = hundreds.

Thanks -

Sandy

0 Likes

(David Kingham) #5

Sorry about this, I will try to clean this up for you, give me a little while to turn them off.

0 Likes

(Sandy Richards-Brown) #6

Sure, no problem.
S

0 Likes

(David Kingham) #7

Okay, I have unfollowed everyone for you so you will stop getting the notifications, I can’t clear out what is already in there, but there at least won’t be anything new. Sorry for pushing this out before being fully tested.

0 Likes

Back
Forward