For your eyes only (rework)

REWORK BASED ON COMMENTS FROM @JRajput

ORIGINAL POSTING

You could always find new things where you live. A few weeks ago I learned about a marsh not far from my weekend cottage. The marsh has for a long period of time been a habitat for frogs, and there are also several man-made ponds to secure that the frogs will thrive.

I visited the area last weekend, this image is from then. This is an ordinary frog (Rana Esculenta) even if protected rather common in Sweden.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/8, 1/3200, ISO 800, Olympus lens 300 mm x2 teleconverter (1200 mm equiv.), Olympus camera OM-D E-M1X

How fun! I love the way frog eyes poke out of the water and the reflection here put a big smile on my face! Then discovering the legs under the surface is a nice surprise. Well seen!

I agree…seeing those legs is a bonus. Nicely caught. Living on the water rather spoils me ( went kayaking today and watched 3 deer laying down in the shallows just chillin’ in the shade), but a marsh is a special place. Such an important ecosystem for so many things. I’m glad you have one you can visit often. The reflection here is priceless. Reminds me of those crazy goldfish with the four eyes.

Love those eyes, reflection and the striking pose,
If this was mine, I would play with the yellows of eyes to make them more golden.

Ola, this is a fine look at this frog. The reflections of it’s eyes and getting to see it’s legs through the water are good elements. You’ve positioned it well in the frame.

@JRajput, @Kris_Smith, @Mark_Seaver and @Diane_Miller thanks for your kind comments.

Jagdeep, thanks for the input. I will explore this - rework now posted at the top.

Very nice, Ola, and the rework really improved an already nice image.

I really like the effect, but would prefer to settle somewhere between the two settings :+1:

1 Like

Thank you Shirley, glad you liked the image.

1 Like