Formal Double Camelia

I like to get in close. Is that a mistake?

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Larry: I don’t recall you posting here before so welcome and thanks for a fine image. Getting in close is always good. I like the proportion of subject to frame that you have here and your DOF management especially. The BG is a little busy but OOF enough that it works for me. Most excellent. :+1::+1:>=))>

Thanks Bill! I struggle with backgrounds. lol I use Lightroom but not Photoshop, I might have to delve in to PS.

Getting in closer certainly works well in flower shots. In this case I’d vote for even closer if you have a lens that will allow it. I don’t think the background to the image, whereas there are all kinds of interesting shapes and patterns in the bloom. As the old adage goes, if it doesn’t add to the image, don’t include it. The center of the Peony looks nice and sharp and the exposure is excellent. Depth of field looks very appropriate for the subject.

Thanks Dennis!

Larry: I have the $10/month Creative Cloud package and find it a good value. Photoshop is overwhelming but the basics are pretty easy to learn. I used to buy every other version of Photoshop when it was sold as a stand alone program but find the subscription version with its automatic updates to be the better way to go. I do as much as I can in Lightroom and then go to PS for the final touches and repairs. At one time they offered a free one month trial. Not sure if that’s still available.

Hey Bill, I do have that subscription as well. I just have never used PS but it appears it is time to start. Take care.