Four Peaks and Little Four Peaks

This is a Sunrise shot that is very rare to get given the drive time from where I was standing to the foot of the mountain from a similar point of view would be an hour. I was originally framed up on the Superstition Mountain over my right shoulder in this shot off camera, when I glanced over to see the clouds light up. I recently switched to the Nikon Z50 Mirrorless and found that I’m better off underexposing by nearly 4 stops at 100 iso and f/29 and maybe a 1/4" shutter. When in Camera Raw I dehazed, Clarifies and lowered Color Noise and balanced Highlights and shadows, I got this. Hope it translates well. I have been really challenged being inspired by the desert as its beauty is rather uniqe and difficult for someone who worked more with the Colorado Rocky Mountains, South East US and Coastal Areas for subjects.

I really like the scenery and the nuanced sky colors you presented. You achieved a very full depth of field, presenting a full scene .
If you feel it would not not spoil the nuance, it is an option to burn areas of the lower half to vary the luminescence a bit. I also warmed the lower half and tried to reduce the haze between the two mountain ranges.

Hi James,

I like this scene with the cacti in the foreground an dthe sunset imagery and desert mountains in the background.

There does seem to be some digital artefacts in the file which gives a crunchy HDR look. I’m wondering if this is from the under exposure or perhaps from the clarity and dehazing during processing. I’d consider going back to your raw file to see if you can render a cleaner file.

[quote=“james16, post:1, topic:17312”]
…ps at 100 iso and f/29 and maybe a 1/4" shutter. When in Camera Raw I dehazed, Clarifies and lowered Color Noise and balanced Highlights and shadows, I got this. Hope it translates well. I have been really challenged being inspired by the desert as its beauty is rather uniqe and difficult for someone who worked more with the Colorado Rocky Mountains, South East US and Coastal Areas for subjects.
[/quoteI

I like the scene and the composition as captured. I do like the suggestions given already and the adjustments maid by Dick really add to the image.