Freaky Sci-Fi mutation?

Freaky Sci-Fi mutation? :scream::scream::scream:
Nah! Just one of Mother Nature’s amazing ways of protecting the young chicks of the African Jacana…:wink::wink::wink: *There are four chicks in this image!:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:
It’s the male that sits on, and incubates the eggs for about 25 days, and once hatched, he doesn’t let the chicks out of his sight for the next 50 days, until they fledge, and leave the family…
:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:
If danger is detected, he quickly scoops all the chicks up under his wings, and beats a hasty retreat to a safer place.:wink::wink::wink:. .
This also happens at night when they all snuggle-up together for warmth, and safety…:wink::wink::wink:
#africanjacanas #africanwaterfowl #perfect_birds #birdsofinstagram #birdlife #birdoftheweek #bird_brilliance #naturephotoportal #best_bird_shots #feather_perfection #bb_ig #your_best_birds #bb_pro #wildlifeinspired #wildlifephotographer #birds_captures #birds_adored #eye_spy_birds #featured_wildlife #kings_birds #ip_birds #travelafrica #natureisbeautiful #nusts_about_birds #capturethemoment #ac_birds #sundestinations #wildography_and_safaris #Raw_africa #photosafari @wildlife_repost @best_featured_wildlife @Raw_community

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques to help others.

1 Like

Interesting image Tim. I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen an African Jacana. Mother nature is always fascinating to me. Great capture.

Wonderfully informative of a highlight of Nature. Thanks for the story behind the photo

Hi Dick. My apologies for my absence, but I have been “Man down”…Not Corvid19 (I was tested twice but both negative …I guess we build em; tough down this neck of the world.

I am a trained FGASA Game ranger and wildlife photographer and alsways happy to write articles if they would be of interest to your readers… :slight_smile: