"From heron you will be known as . . .."

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

T

taken into sun. Cropped sides. Can’t remember what else I did. 1/640th; 7D II; 24/70 at 64; wb auto; 100 ISO.
(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like the idea! I would make this a pure black and white silhouette (see lower right corner) and move the branch at the top a little bit higher. Very very well seen, Jim!

Very interesting. I like the concept. I agree with Adhika about making this pure black and white. I’d also be tempted to remove the branch that appears to touch the heron’s head.

Excellent silhouette, Jim. Like the others, the little touch of green in the lower right doesn’t seem to fit. Definitely leave the stick touching the head in-that’s the whole point of the title. Since it is b&w, you could move it a bit as Adhika suggests, though I think it works ok where it is.

Thank you for the good comments. I didn’t even notice the lower right green, but should have. I like the bare branch touching the heron’s head since I think it looks like it is being knighted. I think the sword touches both shoulders and the head, if I am not mistaken.

Enjoyable silhoutte. Out of the box and different. Eye catching for sure.

Jim: yours is a very different approach and well executed. I like the silhouette very much and the title is certainly apropos. Richard