Garden Valley - Autumn

This is a shot from 2017.

I’ve been shooting nothing bud duds this Summer. It’s been a bit frustrating, to say the least. My schedule has been busy, allowing only a small amount of time to go out and shoot. When I have had the opportunity to shoot, conditions just don’t want to cooperate. So, I’m posting a shot from a time when I was having better luck lol.

On the upside! Autumn is just ‘round the bend. It’s that magical time of year when even boring and mundane locations like this little bend in the S. Fk. Payette River become magical photographic wonders. I can’t frigging wait.

Camera: Olympus EM10
Lens: Olympus 12-40/2.8
Focal Length: 34mm
Aperture: f/6.7
Shutter: 1/60
ISO: 200
Handheld. No composite or bracketing

5 Likes

Gorgeous shot, those colours are to die for.
Hopefully you’ll get some more of this this year because it’s great work.

Cheers

1 Like

This is really gorgeous!

1 Like

Thanks @João_Ferrão! Me too. I have a big loop that I just love to drive in the Fall. My fingers are crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much Tom! I got very lucky with the mist/clouds for sure.

Wonderful place, light and composition. I love it

1 Like

Thanks a million @Antonio.Aleo. I appreciate it a lot :smile:

This is awesome! I really love the blend of the cool and warm tones.

1 Like

Thank you @Dan_Hawk. I’m very happy to hear that remark!

That area has always been “fire and ice” in my brain. There are several natural hot springs to be found along that river and its tributaries. I can’t even think about that river, without thinking of soaking and steaming in one of those pools on a cold winter day. So, your comment about the photo, vibes exactly with my emotion about the area. That just gives me warm fuzzy feelings. Thank you so much :smiley: