GBH Portrait

I took this photo around 7:30 AM while the bird was facing the sun. The light was softened by smoke in the air from a very large and nearby wild fire. One oof branch was removed from mid-frame. I debated removing the branch nearest the bird’s head but decided to keep it.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 1/2000, f5.6 and ISO 640 at 500mm and uncropped.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Richard
I learned something from the photograph, some times, leaving the body darker works with the early morning sun. Nice framing color and detail.
Peter

Pleasing composition with very nice light. The warm tones really make this image work. I might clone the way the branch just behind the head as it does draw my eyes somewhat.

Light is gorgeous, and the details look good. I like the perch, except for the branch behind the bird’s head. If mine, I’d have to clone it out.

Gorgeous lighting in this image, Richard. I also like the way the shrubbery frames the bird. A beautiful composition.

Keith: thanks for the choice. It’s nice to be recognized given the number of excellent photos posted here in Avian. Richard

1 Like