Gerber Backside

Taken in garden setting.

Specific Feedback Requested

Is drooping petal a plus or minus?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
Busy background removed and a blurred sand image used instead. Taken with Canon SX50, F8, 1/2000, ISO 800, -1.

Patricia, I love the Gerber image and especially that drooping petal, but I’m not so sure about the background. I’m fine with changing the background in an image like this, but I just think the gray and white splotches stand out too much.

Thanks Carol for your suggestion. I am attaching a revised version which I think works much better.

The repost is much better. Now my eyes only go to the flower and that wonderful drooping petal!

What a shot, Patricia. I love it. That drooping petal is a nice addition, although I think it would be an excellent shot without it as well. I like the repost best. I always enjoy a bugs view of a flower, and this is an excellent one.

Beautiful image Patricia. I like the re-post as well, though I was ok with the original background too. And I agree with everyone about the drooping petal. I think it adds nice character to the image. Well done.

I think the drooping petal is a wonderful grace note! Replaced BGs are always so flexible, but I wonder about a cloud image here, since you seem to be aimed at the sky.

Patricia: Shooting the back of Gerberas is one of my favorite subjects. I like the little odd ball petal and think it adds interest. I’m going to be the contrarian regarding the BG as I much prefer the original which I don’t find to be competing and is much more dynamic than the monotone rework. Top notch shot. >=))>

Patricia, great image. Love the back side and the entire flower in focus and the flipped petal is a plus. I like the original background.