Get A Room!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Caught these two Mourning Doves “kissing”. I didn’t mean to intrude on their privacy, but it was too cute not to record! Canon 60D, Canon 70-300 IS USM Zoom, f/8, 1/750 sec., ISO 2000, Ev -0.5, AV Mode, Spot Metering, Focal Length 300mm

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A great moment you caught here, Terry. While the surroundings are rather busy, the action makes up for it. I can’t tell what else might have gotten in the way, but it looks as if a step or two to the left might have brought the doves more into the clear. It’s difficult to see these things in the viewfinder, but trying to be aware of foreground stuff in the way helps a lot. I would think about burning down that broken branch coming in from the right-the bright area is pretty distracting. Also, your noise level is pretty high and iso 2000 is really pushing the envelope with the 60D. I don’t know what noise reduction software you’re using, but some of it might be able to handle this pretty well.

1 Like

Thanks, Dennis. This was one of those situations where the moment was there, and I took it before it was gone. I’m not very skilled in post processing as yet, but this might be a good opportunity to play around some.