Get the Point?

This is the last of the slate images I wish to show from Alaska, the trilogy. I’m actually interested to know which one you liked the most. I’m emotionally invested in them and can’t decide. I will post links to the other two to make it easier. All three were shot on the same day. This one perhaps comes the closest to looking like a slate. I stayed with the bluish motif for all of them.

https://community.naturephotographers.network/t/inner-mysteries/24240

https://community.naturephotographers.network/t/aging-with-dignity/24116

GFX50R, 45-100mm, focus stacked.

4 Likes

The one that first come to my mind as the one I like the most is the Inner mysteries, but after contemplating for a while my choice is this one, Get the point? The shades of blue, the texture and the patterns are just marvellous, accentuated by the orange and green parts. It is a n amazing series of images.

I’m thinking that this one (the third one) is most appealing to me from an aesthetic point of view. It has more of a feeling of depth, and is overall more balanced. In Aging With Dignity, I liked the contrast of the flat surface with the jagged fractures of the rest of the frame, but there was a patch of orange-colored rock in the LLC that pulled me down and out of the frame there. Inner Mysteries would be my second choice, although the blue in that one has a cyan tinge that doesn’t match the other two.

I just love the colours on this image. Those deep blues are to die for.
A simple, minimalist, and yet a image so full of detail.

Thanks for sharing, cheers.

Quite striking. I can almost feel the texture - just a little bit oily and maybe some smooth with the rough. Have you considered flipping this over? It might look more cave-like that way and up the mystery quotient. The dark seam of the break in the middle almost looks as if the rock had burned. The touches of moss speak to the life that is ever present.

Definitely Inner Mysteries for me. I like the shapes and tones and its abstract painterly look.

“Inner Mysteries” is my favorite of the trio.
Love the more abstract view , the "white stripes on the right hand side, and the much “cleaner” frame.

1 Like

My ranking of these would be in reverse order of how you posted them, “Get the Point” #1, “Inner Mysteries” #2, and “Aging with Dignity” #3. I think both “Point” and “Mysteries” are much stronger than “Aging” because I think they have more balanced compositions and visual interest

I give “Point” a slight edge over “Mysteries” because I like the jagged textures of the points, both in the top and bottom halves of the image. This creates strong visual interest across the entire image, whereas for me, in Mysteries the top half of the image was stronger than the bottom half. But these two are very close in terms of my preference.

1 Like

My order of preference is 1) Get the Point?, 2) Aging with Dignity, 3) Inner Mysteries.

I love the blues in this one, and the orange and green accents add great visual interest. The jagged rocks and angles have a menacing feel which I like.
In Aging, the shape brings to mind a bear or cat claw, and I quite like the lighting and colors.
The colors in Mysteries are a little on the green side compared to the others, and there’s nothing that really grabs my attention as in the other two.

1 Like

I love this, Igor. Great composition with the rust color being the focal point to grab your eye and then llowing you to radiate outward the explore the remainder. The rust color also contrasts so nicely with the blues, and the diagonal lean just makes it so visually appealing. Excellent as is, no nits at all from me.

Igor, These have all been wonderful and I have enjoyed seeing them. After visiting all 3 a couple of times I decided I like… aging with dignity as my first choice. It’s a hard call as all three are wonderful.

1 Like

@Bonnie_Lampley, @Kris_Smith, @Ola_Jovall, @Harley_Goldman, @joaoquintela, @Craig_Moreau, @Nick_Bristol, @Bill_Chambers, @Ed_McGuirk

Thank you for all comments, especially the comparisons. I have to agree with Nick Bristol. Aging with Dignity as being a notch above the other two. This can be seen from my website. If you go to my gallery on this image and then click on the two diagonal arrows in the lower right corner it will take you to full screen mode. Then toggle between the two image using the arrow on the left side. This allows a quick comparison of both images. When I saw them like that it left no doubt in my mind which was the better image. See if you agree.

https://igordoncov.smugmug.com/Galleries/Intimate-Landscapes/i-N7Vmnsv

Oh yeah, no doubt as which is better upon comparison. Did you put the other image here on NPN? If so, I don’t remember seeing it. By comparison, it makes this image look quite a bit over-saturated perhaps. Still, both are beautiful.