Gold Mining

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D500, 500pf w 1/4 tc, 700mm, f8, 1/2000, iso2500

1 Like

Great capture Dan. The focus on the bee is excellent . I am pulled away a little from the out of focus flower on the left, not much that can be done about it, however, when I clicked once on the photo, that size helped. I wonder if a crop here will help. That said a excellent photo, how on earth did you get her to pose so well, LOL

Dan, as @Dean_Salman commented. really excellent details in the be. I love how he has his wing out, balancing himself on the flower. The brightness of the flowers (not just the one on the left) seem bright on my screen. I am wondering if you were to dim down their brightness, and maybe even the yellow fur on the top of the bee, if that would improve the over all image. I am really enjoying both the pose and the details of the bee. Great shot.

Bumblebees are tough to get just right , but you did a good job holding the blacks and yellows without losing detail. The eye is slightly soft and normally you will see definition of eye facets at this image size. Bumping up microcontrast in post processing may tighten the eye up a bit. Parts of the yellow flowers are a little hot, but can be tamed down as well. Comp and captured color is very nice. Well done…Jim

Dan: This is a terrific shot. At the largest size I can see some eye detail and the rest of the head looks sharp as well. On my monitor the brightness looks OK. I actually like the OOF flower on the left side as it gives the wing some nice contrast and definition. Top notch shot. >=))>