Golden Orb Weaver

Never fun to turn a corner on a trail and walk into one of these guys…

Specific Feedback Requested

Tried every trick I knew to get the “yellow” out of the web, to no avail…does it hinder the overall impact!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D810, 200-500 @ 400mm, f/8, 1/1250, ISO 320

Just tell her you just dropped in for lunch…she’s got it all ready!

I love orb weavers and am only bummed if I actually run into their webs. They work so hard on them. Great work on this one although I wish you could have lined up the focal plane a bit more precisely. By working on the underside you can stay longer and get closer than if you tried the back with all those eyes, but they’re still shy so good job.

1 Like

I would have had to step off the trail and off the trail means possible encounters with one of the many venomous snakes that abound in this neck of the woods. I rarely step off the trails in Florida wetlands areas even wearing Wellington waders.

Chris, I don’t blame you for not stepping off the trail. Spiders and snakes, hmm, you do need to be careful where you walk, so the trail sounds best.

You did a fine job capturing this Orb and his lunch. Very nice inclusion of his web as well. Excellent details.

1 Like

Chris: Reminds me of Shelob in the Lord of the Rings. Nice find and a very good capture. >=))>

1 Like