Great Grey Owlet

I posted this image on the old NPN shortly after capturing it, so I figured I’ll share it on the new one.

My dad, brother, and I were photographing Great Grey Owls when we spotted this Owlet sitting on the ground. He had been practicing his branching and had evidently decided it was time for a rest. Perched on a small stump, he posed for us for quite a while. I laid down on my stomach to get the foreground grass out of focus and I’m quite happy with how it turned out.

This owl was NOT baited, lured, or manipulated in any way!

I tried to add the tag ‘ig’ for Instagram features, but it’s not working for some reason.
Instagram handle: @jenayalaunsteinphotography

2 Likes

A beautiful image of this owlet, Jenaya. I love the low angle and the out of focus grasses. Excellent work.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Dennis!

Good to see you posting again, Jenaya. Excellent detail in the owl against a great background and foreground. I like the low angle, looking directly into the eyes.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch, Allen!

Hi @Jenaya_Launstein. Great to see you posting here again. We’d love to see more from you and your family.

I remember this nice little owl. Wonderful pose and a nice moment that is pretty rare to capture.

1 Like

Thank you, Keith! I’ll be posting more soon. :slight_smile:

Good to see you posting again Jenaya! Beautiful shot, great low angle and certainly a compelling subject!

1 Like