Greater Kudu

Majete Wildlife Reserve, Malawi

Specific Feedback Requested

General

Technical Details

Leica CL, Sigma 150-600 DG DN Sports

1 Like

Those antlers are incredible. I’ve never seen such an animal before. So cool. I think keeping a wider view helps with showing the environment.

1 Like

Yes, they are beautiful, aren’t they? Here is one feeding.

What an amazing animal, Jappv. I too have never seen a Kudu, so thanks for sharing with us. Great to see him set in his environment also.

1 Like

Gorgeous animal and gorgeous image! The lighting really highlights those impressive horns! Super nice!

1 Like

Great subject and you are getting some nice diffused BG, which is not easy with a long zoom.

1 Like

A very beautiful animal in a beautiful setting. I’ve seen them in Zimbabwe and South Africa.
You found one with very impressive antlers. The light on the animal is very nice. @JRajput comments already about the BG; I think a bit of extra blurring would make the image even better. Probably a tedious job, because it is not so easy to leave the animal out of the selection.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words :blush: Actually selecting the animal is a five-second job in Photoshop 2023 using the Object Selection Tool (Cloud based). I did so to run Topaz Sharpen AI over the Kudu on a Layer and deliberately did not sharpen or blur the background. I rather dislike the effect of such manipulations on “natural” bokeh.