Haircap Moss and Reindeer Lichen

While out looking for Mountain Laurel recently, I came across this intimate scene near the edge of the forest. I liked the pattern created by the reindeer lichen interspersed among the haircap moss. I’ve always loved the shape of haircap moss, and try to photograph it whenever I find it.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any critique or comments are welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5D MKIV, Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro Lens, ISO 250, 0.6 sec at f 16

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Ed, I love the pattern here in the moss and lichen. I find my eyes gazing throughout the image. They compliment each other.

Really wonderful find here, Ed. I have a hard time seeing these type of intimate scenes so I really enjoy them when someone else is able to capture one. This is a visual treat from edge to edge with the textures and details along with the complimentary colors. Great eye to spot this!

Fascinating,Ed. Looks like an aerial of a tropical jungle.

Pleasing combination of greens and grays, shapes and textures. Good eye to see an intimate scene and bring it out with your choice of composition. Only suggestion would be to clone out some of the browns in the upper left corner.

Ed: Well seen and frame filling fantastic. I’ll ditto Patricia regarding the small brown blooms in the ULC. Nicely done.>=))>