Happy Memorial Day - and Thank You!

First of all, I want to say thank you and offer my appreciation for all those who have served or are currently serving. Thank you for your service!

I learned today there was going to be a military flyover over most of northern California. A few planes and helicopters were set to fly over all the VA facilities AND all the hospitals and regional medical centers - in honor of all the vets and first responders. I’m guessing this was occuring all over the country…

In reading the update I discovered an HC-130J Combat King was flying over the VA Hospital in my town - In 15 minutes! Hopped in the car just to go watch and grab some pictures.

Grabbed a cell phone image of the flag flying from the front of the house and combined with one of the images I shot during the flyover. Not the best composite and to be honest, had a hard time remember how best to do the work… Oh well, thought I would share.

Lon

3 Likes

Happy Memorial Day and I want to second your thank you to all those who have served. Your image is a fine tribute to those courageous folks who keep us free and safe.

1 Like

Lon, thank you once again. A few years back you had passed along a personal note in email with regard to my own military service. Like many high school grads during the Vietnam war era the choices were narrow. With that said I enlisted and spent 4 years in the Air Force.
Life has some amazing twists as the small cul-da-sac I’ve lived in for 40 years all the original owners are Vietnam war era vets. One is a two tour Vietnam era vet with two purple hearts and a bronze star too.
A BIG salute goes out to ALL previous and ALL present members of our armed services. Especially on this day each year.

btw: your photo makes a fine tribute to this special day overall.

1 Like

Thank you Lon for your kind thoughts and words. Very creative take for Memorial Day and well done. Thanks for sharing with us.