Harbingers of a Cold Winter

So a pair of Snow Geese walk into a Canada Goose Bar.

I have no idea how common it is to find interspecies mingling. I have seen a white domesticated goose with Canada Geese. I think these are Cacklers and not CG. Yes the GIF image, (Geese in Flight) is not technically good. But I wanted to show what I think is a rare phenomenon.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 400, 400 plus 2X extender, f7.1, 2500th, none of the images are cropped, A7R4, all Handheld.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help other, s learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Nice images of the snow goose on the ground and an interesting flight shot. I’m not sure I’ve seen this either, but I’ve seen them grouped together once on the ground/water, so maybe they do migrate together at times or if spooked they’ll fly off together.

Nice shots of the snow goose enjoying some fresh green veggies. The first sightings for me were about Oct 8 or 9 in the Fraser river delta area. The numbers have been increasing since then. In November 2016 I took photos of some small CG flocks with several snow geese mixed in on the tidal sandy marsh area at Grayland Beach State park. I thought it was pretty unusual.