Here I come

![Here I come]

I haven’t got out to do any photographing lately, so I have started going back through photos I have not posted.
I have had few opportunities to photograph a Great Egret head on I through this one should be posted.
The shot was taken hand-held on the bank of the Essex Cemetery over-looking the back water of the Conn. River, on Sept. 21 at 7:54 AM.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, F6.3, 600mm, 1/1250, ISO 640, -.7EV. I cropped I by 40% it into a 16/9. I also reduced the highlights and increased the exposure by .2 in DxO PhotoLab 4.

This is a really unique viewpoint on the great Egret, Peter. One the aerodynamicists would love (I’m just reading an old book on bird flight and the author would have killed for a picture like this). Detail looks good, but what I really like is the lack of separation between the head, neck and body that optically merges them into one unit. Very, very cool.

This is a different view of an egret. As @Dennis_Plank notes, it really shows off its aerodynamacism (probably not a word, but Dennis has me feeling brave!). Looks like your focus is spot on, and the exposure is correct. My only critique is that it looks like you ran some NR on the bird? It looks pretty smooth.

Hi Dennis and Lyle
Thank you for the comments. The post has Prime noise reduction in it, from DxO Photo Lab 4. This is post with out the Prime. I think there is a trade off between the two. I also reduced the local sharpening on the head and beak.

Peter