High Desert in Spring

High Desert in Spring

Taken on my first day back in Arizona outside of Page, it was the first time I’d seen the deserts of northern Arizona, I loved the vastness and the feeling of infinity. [NIKON D3400] Aperture f/4.2 ISO 100 Shutter 1/1600 Focal Length 310/10

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Hi Laura,

Welcome to NPN! Looks like your first post here in Landscape.

I like the vibrant colors here and yes, this portrays the vastness of the desert. I would even say it hints at the geology of the canyons and erosion’s of rivers… (midground). I also like the near/far composition and the inclusion of the big sky really adds to that feeling of vastness.

I would encourage you to check out the critique gallery as well - that is if you’re looking for feedback.

Glad you’ve joined us! We look forward to seeing more images and your participation in the galleries and forums!

Lon

Lon, thank you for the comments and the suggestion to add images to the critique gallery, while I am a bit nervous, I really want to improve my photography techniques.

Your perception of this image is great information that will help me to look beyond what I see and consider the history of the landscape I am photographing. I’ve only been doing landscapes for about a year and a half, so I do have plenty to learn.

Back
Forward