Hoary Vervain

Hoary vervains come in bunches, which makes it difficult to get adequate dof. A stack of 5 images manually focused and assembled in Zerene stacker.

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod
f/11, 1/125, ISO 800
Canon DPP4 for raw converter, PSCC, Nik detail extractor.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Interesting flower. Like the depth of field and composition. Just a personal preference: I would add a little vibrance to the flower itself to make that purple pop.

Ravi: Marvelous subject and a very attractive BG. Just the right amount of DOF for my tastes. Most excellent.>=))>

In addition to a lovely flower you captured the many different textures and detail in the stem, leaves and new buds. All the elements come together to make a great image.

Thanks Lanis, Bill and Patricia for your comments. Lanis, I have attached a rework with increased vibrance, It does make the purples pop up. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ravi
Very interesting flower and perfect DOF and background for your subject. Congratulations on the WP!