Homage

We had been observing a lion Pride of about 8 lions in the late afternoon. After a long period of napping and before the Pride prepared for a hunting foray, a young lioness greets her mother.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback would be helpful. Composition. I chose a tight shot to convey a sense of affection between mother and daughter right before the pending drama of a hunt. Chobe National Park, Botswana. October 2021

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Olympus OMD EM1 mark II. 300mm Zuiko Pro lens, ISO 5000, f 8, 1/1250 sec.

@Billreichphoto
2 Likes

A lovely affectionate shot Bill, catching these moments is worth the (often long) wait. I like the tight crop, it gives it an intimate feel and I also like that it’s almost a mirror image.
I might consider cloning out the leaf as it’s a little distracting

A beautiful moment, very nicely captured!
you may crop off small canvas at top and may add it at bottom. The image may benefit from some boost in contrast.

Ryan, Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful. After a few attempts, I did clone out the leaf on another copy - still learning/practicing PS techniques. Thanks, Bill

J, Thank you. Tried your suggestion for cropping and agree that it improved the image. Thanks, Bill

1 Like

A very nice capture of this moment of affection. I like it a lot.
I can imagine that the leaf is distracting for some, but I don’t mind. @JRajput 's suggestion for a little different crop can make the image even stronger.

A very nice intimate capture, Bill! I agree with Ryan that the close-up works to increase the intimacy of the scene. I also agree with Jagdeep that a slightly different crop and some additional contrast would make it even better.

Bill, this tight view really emphasizes the sense of affection in the moment. A fine catch.