House Pet

Or Outhouse Pet, since that’s the perch. Actually, this is the same bird as my last post in this forum. When it left the sign it flew up to the top of the outhouse (obviously in need of some roof repair, so maybe it’s the building inspector).

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

The light was getting pretty warm by this time, so I brought it down quite a bit in LR, though it’s still above what would consider “accurate” color for the species. Personally, I prefer the color I see rather than some arbitrary color temperature considered “normal”. I’d be interested in others’ opinions on this subject.

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 435 mm, hand held from car window, f/8, 1/800, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 2684x3132 before resizing. Taken at 4:51 pm on February 5th.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Dennis, this is a nice look at this beautiful hawk. I love that he is showing his back, but turning his head nicely for you. The colors are fine for me. I think you managed everything well. Love the title and the story behind it.