How are you keeping? (one re-work!)

A 1x1 re-crop as per Mark’s suggestion -

When I lived in NH, I had to drive about 45 minutes then hike to find hepatica. Now my yard is blanketed in them every spring. Despite this I am compelled to keep shooting them because I find them hauntingly beautiful in some aspects and brightly cheerful in others. They also come in a few different colors and the white version has subtle shading of pink sometimes.

After some rain I went out to see what I could see and liked this one growing in the gravel on the side of the driveway. It was the sole flower on this tiny plant and the wind was cooperative.

This is a single image, not a stack. I wanted to keep the blossom somewhat soft.

Specific Feedback Requested

Too soft? Too dull? I can’t stop with these guys!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Lumix G9
Leica DG 45mm f/2.8 macro
f/4 | 1/50 sec | ISO 200
Tripod

Lr processed for a bump in exposure, a largish crop, clarity & texture, sharpening & nr. Some local adjustment brush work to reduce brightness in the rocky background and improve clarity in the blossom itself.

@the.wire.smith
1 Like

Kris, the flower looks good, with it’s nice arching stem. I do think that you could crop about 1/3 off the right to add emphasis to the flower, turning this into a vertical or square frame.

Thanks Mark. I went around and around with crops…you know how it is. So there’s a square one up on the original post. Good suggestion. I think it works better.