I believe this is a American Goldfinch

![I believe this is a American Goldfinch.]

Weighting on Eagles again, when this Goldfinch landed in the hedge at the back of BigY’s parking lot. Photographed on June 29, at 8:17 AM.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any
I would have to crop is shot by 75% and turn it into a square to take out the pods in the right side of the frame. I did not like the look.

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm, F9, 599mm, 1/1600, -.7 EV, ISO 1000. The shot is cropped by 60% and I adjusted the highlights and exposure in DXO Photo Lab 5.

1 Like

I believe you’re right, although I can’t claim to be a birder. We have Lessers here but I rarely see an American. They are prettier, and have the orange bill. He is all dressed up and manages to stand out well in the composition.

Yes, this is American Goldfinch male in breeding plumage. I like the composition and the setting.

A very nice look at the goldfinch and I like the setting it is in. I think the pods on the right add to the sense of the environment-actually, something of an iconic setting for a goldfinch.

A very nice shot, Peter! Way to take advantage of an unexpected opportunity! Exposure, colors and detail are excellent and I think the Goldfinch is bright and bold enough to easily balance the pods on the right side of the frame so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Hi Diane, David, Allen & Gary
Thank you of the comments. Sometimes good thing come to he who waits.
Peter