I need a little help on the Id (Gray Catbird)?

Other birds too photograph, when the Eagles are resting. The greenery around BigY supports many small birds, they just have to stay put long enough to take a shot.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon. 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 480mm, +.7EV, 1/1600, ISO 12,000. The bird was in the shadow of the greenery and my setting were for the Eagle’s nest and flybys.
The shot is cropped by 50% into a 5 by 4 and I used local adjustment to reduce the effect of the leaves and branches of the right side of the frame and add a little blue to the background. I used DXO Photo Lab 5’s DeepPRIME to clean up the 12,000 ISO.

1 Like

Gray Catbird, is correct, per Merlin. Nice pose and good detail, especially at ISO 12,000. I could see trying to crop from the right.

Excellent detail and a very nice pose, Peter. The DeepPrime worked very well on this. The bright background twigs are a bit distracting, but you’d just about have to replace the background to do much about them.

Lovely catch and pose, with excellent detail! For me, the right area feels too dark. No idea what it was like before, though, so maybe that was the best treatment. I’d think about taking some off both sides.

Hi Allen, Dennis & Diane
I posted the master shot and as you can see, the branch on the right side of the frame is too bright. My best option in DXO was a gradient to black. Here is also a re-cropped shot of the first posting.
Thank you for your comments and help on the Id.
Peter