I Saw You Through a Fence #2 & recrop

Crop to give more room on the left…

A friendly, curious horse I met on my bike ride. I was experimenting with ICM.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything , I was kind of going for a dreamy, painting kind of look, any thoughts?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, 300mm, ISO 100, f/18, 1/15, adjusted exposure slightly and brightness

apani.hill

I’m surprised no one has commented, Vanessa. This has that abstract, dream feel to it and the fencing just adds an element of mystery. Looks like a friendly horse too.

1 Like

Thanks @David_Bostock for taking the time to look and your feedback! Glad you like it anyway. I know it’s not for everyone! :slight_smile:

I agree that this has a dreamy feel to it, Vanessa. I do think I’d treat it more like a conventional image in terms of composition and crop it to put the horse a bit to the left of center to provide the illusion of giving it more room to move into. I also agree with David that the fence adds an interesting element.

1 Like

Hi @Dennis_Plank , thanks for looking and your input, I did a slight crop to give more room on the left, or I guess really to take away all the space on the right. Does it seem better? Thanks!

For my taste, I much prefer the second crop. Nicely done and an interesting image.

1 Like

Thanks @Dennis_Plank , I don’t know why, but I really like ICM techniques, and recently I’ve been trying it on animals when I see them. I know I wouldn’t do it if I saw a bear or something like that, since I never see them! But an animal that I know I’ll see again I don’t mind experimenting.