Implied movement

May I join the rock-on-beach movement?

Richmond Beach Saltwater Park, WA

Canon 80D, 1/400 s, f/5.6, ISO 800, EF 24-105mm f/4 @ 24 mm, CPL, HH.
Raw file processed in LRClassicCC. TK resize/sharpening for web.

Seeking any and all advice and comments. Thanks in advance.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.!
3 Likes

Beautiful photo!! The only thing I would change would be to clone stamp out the small distraction infront of the right hand rock, as well as the small dark black pebbles on the left side of the photo! I feel this would complete the image! Great work!!!

I’d suggest flipping it horizontally so the lines flow in from the ULC. I’d also make it B&W and add a vignette.

This is just superb, Ronald. I love these types of images, and I appreciate how carefully you crafted this composition and the processing looks perfect to me. No nits at all.

Ronald,

LOVE IT! I don’t know how to say it any louder here online! The diagonal lines and the subtle undulations of the sand erosion making up the diagonal is mesmerizing. The rock placement is perfect, the detail in the sand, perfect. Just a great photograph. The only thing I would do to improve this is to clone out that little piece of seaweed near the right rock.

To say so much with so little. Peace and great to look at !

Nicely said Ben; I’m going to have to remember that line for photo commenting.

I agree totally with the above comments Ronald. I too would clone the seaweed, but otherwise love this. Those sand lines are over the top.

Ronald,

Beautifully seen and captured. Hard to find anything to be critical of and certainly not much to suggest for improvement. If anything, I think you could actually dodge the LR area where the light fall off makes it darker - actually if you like that, then I would also add more vignetting to the other corners and even things out. But that’s surely a minor point. This is a great image.

Lon

Ron, this is a beauty. You’ve got great eye movement from the urc to the two rocks, which makes this fee very dynamic. The expanse of sand and the fine details in the sand look great. The bit of seaweed beside the rock on the right certainly fits, but it does distract subtly from the acres of sand feeling.