In Flight

Folks,

A very happy 2023. It was a rusty 2022, and hope that 2023 works better for me. Beginning the post with Crab Spider on a oileander plant at home.
6DII, Tam 180 with Extn, Front flash and back light

Balan Vinod

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is welcome

Technical Details

1 Like

Happy New Year, Balan. I’ve been missing your shots. This one is really striking, looking up at the beautifully-lit spider. A very small point would be to clone out the black spot on the red bud. But it’s a great shot.

Well that’s just the coolest thing! I love crab spiders anyway, but the lighting and the pose you caught is so astounding. You could brighten up the whites in the spider if you wanted - I think you have the room in the histogram. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing more of your tiny wonders in 2023.

What a fantastic way to start off 2023, Balan! Your perspective gives the illusion of the little spider being a gigantic aircraft carrier or something. You’ve got great detail in his face and I love how the red/green naturally lead me to spider. Great shot.

Balan, what a great first post for 2023! He does look like he is in the middle of takeoff. Perfect timing and you did a wonderful job with the lighting. Happy New Year! Looking forward to seeing more of your shots in 2023.