Incoming Sawdust

This fledgling Osprey appears alarmed as a parent flies above nest with talons full of sawdust. I had been watching parent grabbing sawdust from nearby barge, perhaps to demonstrate to newly fledged bird how to fly feet first to grab something.

Specific Feedback Requested

I love the behaviour caught but not pleased with over all look…seems flat some how.

Any thoughts? Grateful for all critiques.

Technical Details

Canon R5 and RF 100-500 zoom at 500 mm.
1/2000 f7.1 ISO 400

Crop is about 75%

I have raised exposure, contrast, shadows and whites

Excellent action. I think you could probably drop the highlights a bit on the whole image and that would improve the contrast. But be careful to maintain appropriate shadowed detail on the flying Osprey.

Thank you David. I am new here and so appreciate getting some constructive input. I can sometimes tell that something is not working in a photo but still learning how to adjust.
Thanks again for taking the time to help me out! (And I can see the difference your suggestions have made immediately!)

Really nice behavioral capture with a great look from the youngster. I like the clouds in the background also. I think the large crop is hurting details in the birds but the overall action makes this a keeper.

1 Like

Perhaps it’s saying: “This is all you’ll get to eat from now on - it’s time to catch your own fish!” Excellent action capture.

1 Like