Infrared Creativity

This is an infrared photo of a flower in a friend’s garden. Processed it in photoshop and just wanted to share it to get your thoughts. I did have the whole flower, but cropped it to highlight the center of the flower. Feedback welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: FUji XT1 converted to infrared, 18-135 lens, 1/600, f5.6, iso 250, processed in PS.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Very interesting image Roberta. I think I would prefer if the center of the flower was in focus.

I agree with Carol that a touch of sharpening would help give a point of focus to the flower. Interesting concept worth the effort to refine.

Roberta: Cool idea and a pretty good result. I agree with Carol and Pat regarding the focus but this does work for me as is. >=))>

Hi Roberta, you’ve created a very dreamy effect in this photo and I like the muted colors. Our eyes are always looking for at least part of something to be in focus (I guess so we know they’re working, lol!) so perhaps the center could have been a bit sharper.

Thank you @Carol_Nichols, @Patricia_Brundage, @Bill_Fach and @Jim_Lockhart! I appreciate the feedback. I thought about the flower not being in focus before I posted it, but didn’t fix it. I worked on fixing it, photo attached! Thanks again.