Interesting clouds

Saw this unique cloud pattern above an urban environment.

Specific Feedback Requested

The cloning was more difficult than I thought it would be. It was hard to make it random and not obviously cloned. So, I tried to reposition the clone stamp location and make it more random. However, some lines still show. The ‘erase’ did not work at all (it left blurred lines).
I welcome any tips on this.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Only had my phone camera with me, but still happy to have this photo to remind me of these clouds.
Tried to clone out some distracting powerlines in the lower section of the photo. I realize that I did not do a very good job of it.

######

Ben, try the Spot Healing Brush, Size 7 Normal, with Content Aware checked. I started on this but, sorry, ran out of patience - but it does a better job than the Clone Stamp! Those beautiful clouds at the bottom deserve to be saved as they were. Did you purposefully change the overall cast to be less blue? I prefer the bluish cast of the original, but maybe you remembered that it wasn’t there “in reality”. I’m sure others will have alternative fixes here.

Ben, cloning in a pattern like this is very challenging, since both shape, color and luminosity matter. The spot healing brush can sometimes do a better job locally, but it is just a slightly different implementation of the clone tool. I’d say you did a good job, as it’s challenging to spot your clone work at NPN sizes. The cloud pattern look great, I especially like that open area in the lower clouds that lets us see through to the higher cloud and wonder about how it happened.

Thank you @Mike_Friel, Yes it took way more patience than I had also! Thank you for the precise technical tips. I missed the cast change - thanks for pointing it out - it was not on purpose.

Thank you @Mark_Seaver for the positive encouragement. I have no idea how this cloud formation happened - it was the first and only time I have seen it.

Ben, wow, what an interesting cloud formation, coupled with the highlighting of that center formation. I don’t remember ever seeing anything even close to this. I didn’t really notice the cloning until you mentioned it, so good job with this version. Maybe the demarcation line can be softened somehow. But very cool image!