Island in the Mist - an image that describes me

I’m Chris (10) and I live on a lake in NW Florida. Since the pandemic began, I’ve pretty much stayed close to home because I have a number of underlying conditions not conducive to the virus. The shot I’ve posted is pretty much right up the lake from me and was taken as a fog bank began receding. It made for an awesome print and recently won Best of Show in a regional photo show.

I am rather enamored with B&W as I grew up shooting it in pretty much every format possible. I am a retired high school photography teacher and as a result of my students insistence, I began delving into digital along side the darkroom and alternative processes. I was fortunate through some dual enrolled programs to be able to purchase a classroom set of Nikon D40’s, not so great cameras but not so bad either and they held up nicely to abuse. When I retired in 2012, I purchased a D7000, then a D800 and later a D810, and now shoot a D850 and D500. While I still shoot a lot of images with the sole intent of converting to B&W, I have learned to love color, too.

I have no set genre, shooting whatever suits my fancy. I am still an avid wildlife shooter but of late, landscapes have caught my attention. I am in the process of learning the TK Luminosity masking and find it rather intriguing. I hope to be a good contributor to this forum. Thanks for including me.

1 Like

Welcome, Chris. I too, have been pretty close to home since the pandemic started. Looking forward to getting out more.

This is a terrific image with some mysterious feel to it. I think you’ll find NPN a great environment for supportive team camaraderie.

1 Like

Welcome, Chris. Your intro image is a beauty! Great tranquil mood with a sense of mystery along with great colors. I am definitely looking forward to seeing more of your work, and especially with your background, reading your thoughts on the work of others. Good to have you aboard.

1 Like

Welcome Chris. I see how this image won Best in Show. Wonderful mood and excellent color management. I look forward to more of your images.

1 Like