Judy Garland's Red Shoes have been found!

Bronze Tailed Plumeteer in Central America.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

This hummer was quite close to the 300mm lens and the fill flash set at -3 which created an oversharpened appearance with bright highlighted chest plumage. I utilized the PS blur tool at 50% on the chest feathers and not only did it decrease the sharpness but it also decreased the highlights and tempered the flashed appearance. First time I have tried that technique.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 1000, 300mm PF, f7.1, 1250th, D500, fill flash, handheld, 70% full frame

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice pose and detail looks good. Those red feet sure stand out.

Cool bird and a nice pose, David. An interesting technique for treating the over=flashed area and one I’ll have to try remembering. Those feet really pop!

Hi David, I like the pose and the bird’s placement in the frame. Those red feet are really cool. If mine, I might try cloning out the flash catchlight in the central part of the eye and the lower catchlight. I’d leave the upper catchlight and then try brightening the eye overall - I found this may enhance the bird’s eye when using flash.